Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gaining Confidence

Took a little hiatus while I got back into the grove of the LiveFit program.  I am currently on Day 25.  For the past two weeks, I have done the same workout four times and been able to increase the weight each time.  Today, I moved from exercises to exercises knowing I could handle the weight and that I would be a little sore the next day and that would be a good thing.

I know I am guilty of wussing out.  For example, I have to do chest presses with the a bar.  I could do them on a machine but I feel I get a better workout with a bar.  For a long time, I was convinced I could only do the bar with no weight.  I do 3 sets of 12 and be proud of my work.  I have never gotten the kinds of results I wanted doing this.  The past couple of weeks have been about breaking my own boundaries.  I threw 5lbs on there.  It felt good but I didn't feel a burn.  I threw 10lbs on.  Slight burn.  15lbs...burn by the third set.  By the fourth workout I was doing 3 sets of 10 with 25lbs on the bar!

I have gained so much confidence in the past four weeks of this workout.  I feel strong and while I don't know if I've lost very much weight (due mostly to my week and half hiatus) but I know my clothes are fitting very differently.  I will be taking my measurements this weekend to see if they have changed much since the beginning.

On another note...I'm now obsessed with workout fashion since I'm spending 5-6 days working out.
I am a major fan of the cropped workout pant.  I recently tried on about 10 different pairs of shorts and can't deal with having that much leg exposed while working out...yet.  One article I read said that layering long leggings with shorts is an in trend for fitness wear.

My biggest struggle is the sports bra.  It is near impossible to find one I like that is also somewhat affordable.  When you have a decent sized rack finding a bra that keeps you locked and loaded can be difficult.  Feel free to comment on your finds ladies because I am stumped! 

Color blocking
Love these capri length blue pants and the mosaic bra

Love these from here



No comments:

Post a Comment