Saturday, July 14, 2012

One week down...11 to go!

I never thought I would think that maybe...just maybe...I might have some OCD tendencies.  I am an extremely messy person.  My desk at school and at home look more like a hoarder's desk than a professional  persons.  However, when it came to my new way of eating...I knew I had to come up with a better system than cutting up my veggies at every meal (5 a day!).  Meals were taking 10-15 minutes to prep before I could even start eating.  Completely unacceptable for this busy mother of two.

So I bought a crap load of cheap Tupperware at the Dollar Store.  I bought 6 four-packs of small containers, 5 larger round ones for my dinner salads, and five compartmentalized ones for Josh's lunches.  I wish I could say I came up with this idea but I didn't.  I saw a Pin on Pinterest and followed it to some chick's blog.  However, I forgot to actually like or repin it and can't give her credit.  If I ever see it again I will definitely do it because she is a genius!After Friday evening's grocery run, I spend almost 4 hours cutting and portioning out every meal four the next five days.  Here is a picture of all the containers with veggies:

The round blue bowls are for my dinner salads.  The top row is Spinach (1c), onion (1/4c), mushrooms (1/4c), and green peppers (1/4c) for my omelets.  All I have to do is grab one, dump it into my skillet, and add the egg whites.  The second row is for mid-morning.  Along with green peppers (1/4c) and cucumbers (1/4c), I added 1/4c green grapes and 1 skinless chicken tender baked with seasoning cut up in it.  The third row is my lunch salad.  The fourth row is my mid-afternoon snack which is the same as the mid-morning.  I will probably want more variety in the future but just ran with this for now.  It was a lot of work but now everything is finished.  I even labeled them with packing tape and a sharpie.I added tomatoes in there. I will have a pita sandwich with the salads for lunch and a raspberry vinaigrette or Greek dressing. 


I know what you are thinking..."How the heck did she get all that in her fridge!"  I had to get a little creative and raise one of my shelves.  I had to relocate some items.  And a lot of my condiments and salad dressings had expired (super eww but you know that happens to you too).  I designatned one shelf just for my meals and snacks.  My kids get one basket in the fridge that has snacks that are okay to choose during snack time.  Which you cannot see here but the kids know it's there. This set up actually keeps them from going in there an getting it themselves.

Look at that thing!  I never thought I would be one of those people who thought organization could be beautiful but I think this is pretty!  Mostly it gives me piece of mind that I will just be able to grab my food quickly and it's already ready and portioned so I can just fuel my body for the next 3-4 hours.  I ended up not packing my hubbies lunches though.  May just make him do those for himself!




One of the most beautiful human beings
I have ever met.
My sister-in-law, Jenna, has been a major source of inspiration and motivation for me.  She has been lifting weights and been on her fitness/health journey for a long time.  She has read more books and websites than anyone I know without a degree in health and fitness.  She suggested I take my measurements at the beginning of my own journey.  She advised not to get on the scale but once a week if necessary.  I'll admit it...I'm a bit of a scale addict.  I have the Wii Fit.  Last year I was jumping on daily.  I found myself obsessing about ounces gained and lost daily.  It was insanity even though I had an overall weight loss of 20lbs.  I certainly didn't keep it off.

I am very proud to announce that after one week of eating clean, lifting weights, and taking my supplements like a good girl I have lost 4.6lbs!  Without exorbitant amounts of cardio.
I started Week 2, Day 8 today!  It's the same as last week.  I was glad I used the print outs from the website because I recorded the weight I was using.  It helped me make decisions about trying a heavier weight or staying.  I highly recommend you be one of those people who walks around you gym with a clipboard or notebook...it really does help!

***I am not a dietician or professional trainer.  I am blogging my own personal journal using someone elses program. If you are starting a new fitness/health plan, consult your doctor before beginning.***



No comments:

Post a Comment